Range Development GRANTS
These competitive range development cash grants will provide funds to allow existing ranges to make improvements and expansions.
GRANT Cycle: February 1st – April 1st
A fundamental need of a shooting team is a place to shoot. These competitive funds will provide the opportunity for existing ranges to make improvements and expansions to allow for more youth-oriented shooting activities. Team and agency endowment holders are encouraged to work with their respective shooting range(s) to identify needs and complete grant application requirements.
We accept range development grant applications via our online grant application process once per year. The applications are reviewed and awarded by the MidwayUSA Foundation. These competitive cash grants are awarded to grant recipients in June, and the Foundation reserves the right to audit a recipient’s use of grant funds. See the grant requirements below or review our Coach Training-Range Development Grant Application and Funding Policy to learn more.
- One application cycle per calendar year
- Minimum grant payout (per request): $2,500
- Maximum grant payout (per request): $75,000
- Grant request cannot exceed 50% of the total project budget
- Required to provide information on funding source for remaining project budget
- Funds must be utilized within 9 months of receipt
- The facility must be used by an endowment holder
- Funds cannot be used to build a new facility or purchase land
- Improvement/expansion must grow youth shooting sport activity capacity
- Proof of project budget/cost required
- Project updates required at 3, 6, and 9 months (unless completed early)
- Proof of project completion required
- Unused cash grant funding, not committed for the specified purpose, or not committed within the time limit, if any, detailed in the corresponding grant application, shall be returned to MidwayUSA Foundation