For over a hundred years, avid American sportsmen needed to travel to England or Scotland to participate in the great and traditional sport of driven wing shooting. Thanks to our friends and event sponsor, Green Acres Sportsman’s Club, you can experience it all in Roberts, IL, and support youth shooting sports at the same time.
MidwayUSA Foundation invites you to our Downton Day on June 24th. This simulated British-style shooting event provides a full day of realistic simulation with fast and furious action accompanied by the very best hospitality. Throughout the event, you will shoot up to 350 rounds and have the opportunity to wear your favorite traditional English shooting attire. We hope that this special event provides a rare and exciting experience and encourages you to continue supporting our programs that are changing the future of youth shooting sports. Bid for a Downton Day attendee spot today on our online auction website; use the link below to learn more or purchase a spot.
Traditional Downton Day Itinerary
- Traditional breakfast/Shoot brief/Drawing of “pegs”
- Move to field
- Grouse Butts (driven grouse*)
- River Tree Bend* (partridge & pheasant*)
- Elevenses – drinks & snacks in the field
- High Pines East* (high pheasants*)
- TipTop Tower* (soaring pheasants*)
- Return to lodge
- Dinner served with matched wines & Port
*Participants will be shooting clay targets that replicate real grouse, pheasant, and partridge.
- Downton Day experience
- Meals and drinks throughout the event
- On-site transportation
- Expert instruction from Keith Coyle
What’s Not Included
- Transportation to/from the event
- Additional meals