Coach Training GRANTS
These competitive cash grants will fund the certification of youth shooting sports coach candidates.
GRANT Cycle: February 1st – March 1st
Qualified coaches are an integral piece to the expansion of youth shooting sports. To continue providing more opportunities for our youth in shooting sports, we will offer competitive grants to fund the certification of more coaches. MidwayUSA Foundation Agency and Donor-Designated Endowment holders will be eligible for Coach Training grants. Teams or individuals interested in our Coach Training grant program should reach out to a state or national organization.
See the full list of organizations that are eligible for coach training grants
Coach training grants must be utilized to create certified youth shooting coaches from currently uncertified individuals. The intent of the program is to transform these coach candidates into certified Level 1/Entry/Beginner coaches that can coach and assist youth shooters behind and on the firing line. Grant funds may only be utilized to convert uncertified coach candidates to Level 1/Entry/Beginner coaches and may not be utilized to provide existing coaches with advanced coaching levels or certifications, skills training, shooting clinics, or any other training that does not result in creating new Level 1/Entry/Beginner coaches. The only exception is that existing certified coaches may utilize grant funds to receive train-the-trainer certification. Newly certified coaches must benefit endowment holding teams or organizations.
MidwayUSA Foundation cash grants are not guaranteed. The Coach Training cash grant program is competitive, and grants will be awarded within Available Funds. An applicant’s participation in Foundation programs is highly encouraged and taken into consideration during the selection process. Applicants who proactively fund their endowment and take advantage of their annual cash grant opportunity demonstrate a commitment and understanding of the Foundation’s overall mission. Additionally, these competitive grant applications are judged solely on the information provided by the submitting organization. Those applications with incomplete, inaccurate, confusing, or conflicting information will not be considered. Those with poor impact or justification statements, poor cost breakdowns, or overall poor detail will diminish the probabilities of award. All applicants are advised to provide any applicable substantiating or clarifying information to ensure their applications are complete and competitive. Note that the high volume of application submissions prohibit Foundation staff from reaching out to applicants for clarification or questions so it is important all applicable information is provided within the application.
See the grant requirements below or review our Coach Training-Range Development Grant Application and Funding Policy to learn more.
- One application cycle per calendar year
- Minimum grant payout (per request): $1,000
- Maximum grant payout (per request): $5,000
- Funds must be utilized within 9 months of receipt
- Must be Level 1/Entry/Beginner coach certification or train-the-trainer certification
- Coach candidates receiving certification must be affiliated with an endowment holding team or organization
- Coach candidates are eligible to obtain Level 1/Entry/Beginner coaching certifications across multiple disciplines (if applicable)
- Train-the-Trainer candidates are eligible to obtain train-the-trainer coaching certifications across multiple disciplines (if applicable)
- Coach candidates may only receive the benefit of one Participating Organization’s grant funds
- Must provide source of certification, cost per coach candidate, and number of coach candidates to be trained
- Acceptable expenses are cost of certification and applicable travel expenses (within reason)
- Certification curriculum will be subject to approval
- Not eligible for funding includes advanced coaching levels or certifications, skills training, shooting clinics, or any other training that does not result in creating new Level 1/Entry/Beginner certified coaches. The only exception is that existing certified coaches may utilize grant funds to receive train-the-trainer certification.
- Proof of certification required
- Grants will be awarded to applicants based upon greatest impact to the Foundation’s mission as determined by the Foundation’s Coach Training Grant Committee
- Grant requests may be partially funded
- Unused cash grant funding, not committed for the specified purpose, or not committed within the time limit, if any, detailed in the corresponding grant application, shall be returned to MidwayUSA Foundation