Are you looking for a way to benefit youth shooting sports both now and in the future? Would you like to simplify your annual and lifetime charitable giving?
A donor-advised fund (or DAF) might be a great solution for you. You can also use a DAF to distribute gifts to numerous charities. With a DAF, you can make gifts to charity during your lifetime, and when you pass away, your children can carry on your legacy of giving. View our current DAFs as well as our current DAF matching here.
BENEFITS OF A DONOR ADVISED FUND
• Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
• Benefit from a more tax and cost-efficient alternative to a private foundation
• Receive an estate tax deduction and savings from your gift
• Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
HOW A DONOR ADVISED FUND WORKS
1. You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock to fund a DAF at the MidwayUSA Foundation.
2. The assets in your DAF grow tax-free.
3. You make annual recommendations on gifts to be made from your DAF.
4. When you pass away, designate the MidwayUSA Foundation as a beneficiary of your DAF.
MORE ON DONOR ADVISED FUNDS
A donor-advised fund has several advantages when compared to a private foundation. The start-up time and cost are minimal for DAFs, and gifts to DAFs are generally deductible at fair market value. A DAF is also not subject to the distribution requirements and certain excise taxes faced by private foundations.
Already have a Donor Advised Fund somewhere else?
If you would like to help us expand youth shooting sports, you can make the MidwayUSA Foundation the recipient of your external donor-advised fund. If you are interested in making a youth shooting team(s) endowment the recipient of your external DAF, give us a call at (877) 375-4570.
DON’T HAVE A DONOR ADVISED FUND BUT WANT TO START ONE?
A Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) allows a donor to establish and fund a MidwayUSA Foundation endowment account from which grants will be distributed to selected nonprofit youth shooting sports-related entities, instead of the endowment account holder. Unlike Team, Agency, and Donor Designated endowments where grants are issued to the account holders to use for their youth shooting sports programs, the DAF issues grants to unrelated recipients recommended annually by the account holder (donor or donor’s representative). A donor may request to open a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) by contacting the MidwayUSA Foundation. We will work with the donor to determine if a DAF is a good fit. If so, the Foundation will offer a Donor Advised Fund agreement that must be completed and returned to the Foundation along with a minimum $20,000 donation. Start a DAF today by calling (877) 375-4570 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.