Review our Team Endowment Program FAQs
Please review some frequently asked questions about our Team Endowment Program. If you do not find what you’re looking for, do not hesitate to contact us.
Grow your endowment!
- Register for a FREE Fundraiser: We offer FREE items to our teams to use for fundraising. These items vary and change often, visit our fundraising items page to learn more.
- Ask for Donations: Anyone can donate to your team with a credit card on our website or send a check, using our check donation form. Currently all donations are matched! For more details, visit our Matching Program page.
- Contact a State Partner: Many state organizations are working to grow and support youth shooting sports and might have funds available. Visit our Partner Organizations page.
- Conduct your Own Fundraisers: Money raised with your own team fundraisers & donated to your account is also matched. Visit our fundraising page.
The MidwayUSA Foundation provides sustainable endowment funding for existing youth shooting programs. While we do not actually establish competitive shooting programs in schools, several of our partners do provide start-up assistance to schools and clubs. Check out our list of Partner Organizations.
Each year, your team is eligible to receive 5% of its endowment balance. To receive this money, you must complete and submit our grant application by June 15 or December 15, through our online system. Visit our Team Grants page to learn more about applying for an annual grant. If you haven’t previously applied, choose the cycle/time of year that works best for your shooting team. If you are unsure about when your team is eligible, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there is no chance of the shooting team reforming, the primary team contact or coach can place the funds in an existing Team Endowment. The receiving team MUST agree to accept the funds. Teams that lose contact with the MidwayUSA Foundation will be contacted by Foundation staff. If NO communication is made between the Foundation and the team over a long period of time, the Foundation will assume they are inactive and their funds will be transferred to the Foundation Forever Endowment. If the team forms again in the future, then the Foundation may restore their funds. See the Endowment Restoration Policy.
The MidwayUSA Foundation does NOT support archery teams or programs. Our mission is solely focused on shooting sports, including shotgun, rifle, air rifle, pistol, air pistol, high power rifle, and blackpowder.
No, we do fund youth shooting teams that are not affiliated with a school. These may include, but are not limited to, 4-H, Boy Scouts, FFA, church, sportsmen/gun clubs, other organized teams. Visit our ‘Start Your Account’ page to see more details and requirements for such youth shooting teams. Do we have to be a competitive team? No, please review our definition of a team and review our ‘Start Your Account’ page.
Please find the Team Endowment Modification Packet on our Forms page and complete/submit the appropriate form(s) for your change. The changes may include contact info, coach’s name, identity change (EIN/W9) or a funds transfer. 9.I attended a shooting competition where endowment funds were available, where is that money? Many partners do hold competitions that offer endowment money but the MidwayUSA Foundation does no control over when that money is received. Participating teams must check with the host organization for details about these funds.
Matching funds will be deposited into your Team Endowment the month FOLLOWING the donation, approximately mid-month. When making your donation, you will not see the match immediately. Our blog is updated when matching dollars have been deposited.
Yes, our finance department is happy to provide all of our shooting teams with an account statement, upon request. Please keep in mind, due to confidentiality reasons, we cannot release certain donor information.
There are two reasons your endowment fund balance may decrease.
- Your team received a grant. The grant funds you receive are pulled from your Team Endowment Fund Balance.
- Remember, endowment balances are tied to investment market performance and may decrease if the investment market has a bad period or loses value.
- Foundation Forever Endowment Contribution: Like your shooting team, we want to ensure the MidwayUSA Foundation is funded forever. In addition to contributions from Larry and Brenda Potterfield and positive stock market performance, we’ll also remove a .25% quarterly contribution from all endowments to fund the Foundation Forever Endowment. You can review more details about this endowment and the plan on our Forever Endowment page.
Donor Related FAQs
Making an online donation through our website is extremely secure. Our online payments are processed through Blackbaud, which means the MidwayUSA Foundation doesn’t keep credit card numbers or bank information on file. Feel free to read Blackbaud’s Security Statement and see how every donation made is a safe and secure one.
No, you can donate to the MidwayUSA Foundation Forever Endowment and the Foundation’s Board of Directors will direct the money in a way that complies with our mission. You can also choose to donate to one of our Special Purpose Programs, which includes a Coach Training Endowment and a Range Development Endowment.
Your donation to a team endowment will be matched the month following your contribution. We always announce when the matching dollars have been contributed to our endowments. If you submit a substantial donation, this could vary.
Yes. We accept donations of cash through credit cards, debit cards, checks, and “in kind” donations of stocks or bonds that are publicly traded or readily convertible to cash. There are many way to give now or include an endowment in your planned giving or estate plan. We encourage you to visit our Giving Opportunities page.
Each donor has one record in our database and cannot have multiple display names. The donor display name will default to the most recent donation’s designated display name. For example, if you choose to have your name displayed on the team page and later choose to give ‘in memory of’ on your next donation, your name will be removed and replaced with the ‘in memory of’ display name. The donor display name will default to the donor’s name if a display name is not indicated.
Donor level recognition is based on cumulative donations made to a team. The various donor levels are listed below:
|over $10,000||$5,000 – $9,999||$2,500 – $4,999||$1,001 – $2,499||up to $1,000|