We help partner organizations with similar missions earn financial stability too.
An Agency Endowment is available to a non-profit organization that meets two key criteria:
- has a mission that aligns with MidwayUSA Foundation’s mission
- the Foundation believes it is strategically important to the future of youth shooting sports within its respective footprint (area of influence)
The four most common questions we receive regarding Agency Endowment Accounts are about how to start one, donations, investment earnings, and grants. Below is information on those topics and we welcome any additional questions you may have regarding an Agency Endowment Account.
How to Start an Agency Endowment
An organization must request to open an Agency Endowment Account by contacting Jay McClatchey, Chief Operating Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). Jay will work with the organization to determine if an Agency Endowment is a good fit. If so, the organization is offered an Agency Endowment Fund Agreement that must be completed, signed, and returned to the Foundation. Once approved, the endowment will be created.
The MidwayUSA Foundation does not charge any fees for endowment account donations. Therefore, the Foundation credits 100% of each donation to the Agency Endowment.
NEW IN 2019!
Our Agency Endowments now have a Matching Program to match donations made to their organizational endowments. For the year, we have $150,000 in general matching funds, personally donated by Larry and Brenda Potterfield. These matching funds will be available for both Agency and Donor Designated Endowments. At the end of 2019, we will determine the ratio of the match based on total contributions to all Agency and Donor Designated endowments. Any organization receiving a donation to their endowment, this year, will be eligible to receive a match.
For Example: If we receive $200,000 in contributions, cumulatively for Agency and Donor Designated endowments, every dollar will receive a $.75 match.
Watch for details about our team engagement matching program that will provide additional funds for organizations helping us to fund more youth shooting teams.
The MidwayUSA Foundation Board of Directors takes its fiduciary responsibility very seriously and has developed a robust investment portfolio, focused on long-term growth, with world-class guidance from Goldman Sachs. The Foundation does not currently charge any fees. Therefore, MidwayUSA Foundation endowment accounts receive 100% of the investment earnings made by the Foundation. Due to fluctuations in the investment market, account earnings may be positive or negative. The MidwayUSA Foundation posts earnings to all endowment accounts quarterly and Agency accounts receive quarterly statements.
Agency Cash Grants
Sustainable funding provided through annual cash grants from an Agency Endowment is intended to benefit the organization’s youth shooting program(s) and activities. How the organization can spend grant funds is relatively flexible if all grant expenditures are directly beneficial to the organization’s youth shooting program(s) and activities, and within the guidelines set forth in the Agency Endowment Fund Agreement.
Agency Endowment Accounts have individual grant cycles that do not align with the two team grant cycles. The MidwayUSA Foundation will notify each organization via email when it is eligible for a grant. The first grant application is sent the month after the endowment has been funded for one full year, and then annually thereafter. The Foundation will pay an Agency grant the month after the grant application was issued, if the organization completes and returns all paperwork in a timely manner. The Foundation starts the grant cycle “clock” for each endowment account the first of the month following receipt of the first donation.
The maximum annual grant is 5% of the Agency Endowment’s average monthly balance over the most recent 12 months. Included with each grant application email are a cover letter, grant request form, account statement, direct deposit form, and an impact report form. The organization must complete the grant request and other forms and return them along with all requested documentation to receive a grant.
An organization may change its annual cash grant cycle to better suit its business needs. To change an organization’s grant cycle, you must contact the MidwayUSA Foundation and request a new grant date that is at least 13 months past the most recent grant.
CLICK ON THE ENDOWMENT TO REVIEW OR DONATE
- ACUI Clay Targets Fund
- Alaska SCTP, Inc.
- Alabama Youth Education in Shooting Sports
- Arkansas Game & Fish Foundation
- Central Illinois Precision Shooting
- Florida Youth Education in Shooting Sports
- Georgia Youth Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc.
- Green Valley YSSF
- Hancock Youth Education in Shooting Sports Corp.
- Idaho SCTP Association, Inc.
- Indiana Youth Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc.
- Iowa SCTP
- Michigan Scholastic Clay Target Program
- MidwayUSA Foundation
- Minnesota Youth Shotgun Association
- Mississippi Youth Education in Shooting Sports
- Missouri Youth Sport Shooting Alliance
- Montana Scholastic Clay Target Program
- Nebraska Youth Shooting Sports Foundation Inc
- New England International Junior Shooting Sports, Inc.
- New Mexico Youth Education in Shooting Sports, Inc.
- North Carolina Youth Education in Shooting Sports
- Oregon Scholastic Clay Target Program, Inc.
- PA Youth Shooting Association, Inc.
- Palmyra Sportsmen’s Association, Inc.
- Scholastic Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc.
- Silver State Youth Shooting Program
- South Carolina Youth Shooting Foundation
- South Dakota Youth Education in Shooting Sports
- Student Air Rifle Program
- Tennessee Wildlife Resources Foundation
- Texas State Rifle Association Foundation, Inc.
- Texas Youth Education in Shooting Sports
- The Youth Target Foundation
- USA Youth Education in Shooting Sports
- Utah Scholastic Clay Target Program
- Virginia Youth Sports Association
- WA Youth Education in Shooting Sports
- Wisconsin SCTP Foundation
- Youth Education in Shooting Sports for Minnesota
- Youth Shooting Sports Alliance