Donating appreciated securities, including stocks or bonds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to the MidwayUSA Foundation to benefit youth shooting sports forever!
Gifts of Stock
Giving a gift of publicly-traded stock that has increased in value and that you have owned for more than one year may provide greater tax benefits than making a donation of cash. Your charitable income tax deduction is equal to the fair market value of the stock, and you may avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the current value over the original cost of the stock. You may also save by not incurring brokerage fees because you are transferring ownership rather than selling the stock.
If you would like to make a contribution of stock, please contact our office at 573-447-5957 or email us at Info@midwayusafoundation.org prior to your donation with the donor name, name of the stock, and the number of shares. This will ensure that donors are properly credited and receipted for their gifts and ensure that the proper fund benefits from the gift.
Please use the information below to support the MidwayUSA Foundation through a gift of stock.
- Name: The MidwayUSA Foundation – EIN/TAX ID: 26-1573088
- Brokerage Contact or Contact: ????
Gifts of Bonds
By using bonds to make your gift to the MidwayUSA Foundation you may be able to reduce, or even avoid, income taxes. Savings bonds are normally taxed when they’re cashed in, reissued to another person, or reach their final maturity. Although savings bonds cannot be directly donated to a charitable organization during your lifetime, there are three easy ways to use your bonds to support the Foundation:
- Redeem your savings bonds and use the cash equivalent to make a gift supporting the MidwayUSA Foundation. By redeeming your savings bonds, you will trigger a tax liability to you on the interest income, but if you itemize, you will receive the benefit of a charitable tax deduction to help offset the additional taxable income.
- Leave the bonds to the MidwayUSA Foundation through your will. Because we are a tax-exempt organization, we will receive the full value of the bonds, which could have otherwise been reduced by up to 35 percent for income taxes. For a small percentage of people, federal estate taxes might also reduce the amount available.
- Leave the bonds upon your death to a charitable remainder trust. Lifetime payments will benefit your chosen loved ones and then the balance will support our mission.
If you have any questions about gifts, please contact us at 573-447-5957 or email us at Info@midwayusafoundation.org. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have. This site is informational in nature. It is not offering professional tax, legal, or accounting advice. For specific advice about the effect of any planning concept on your tax or financial situation or with your estate, please consult a qualified professional advisor.