Please review our frequently asked grant questions.
1. When is my team eligible to receive a grant? All active teams with an account balance above zero are eligible to apply ONCE PER YEAR. Grant deadlines are December 15 and June 15. If you’re unsure as to whether or not your team has applied in the past or which cycle your team currently participates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Can I apply in June AND December? No, teams may choose which time of year TO APPLY but cannot apply more than ONCE per year.
3. If our team is eligible, do we have to apply for a grant? Teams are not required to apply for a grant but it is strongly encouraged.
4. How do I receive the grant funds? Teams must apply via the MidwayUSA Foundation grant application. Only COMPLETE grant applications submitted by the above deadlines will be reviewed by our Board of Directors for approval. Visit our Grants page.
5. Why is my team only allowed to pull 5% of my account balance? In order to provide sustainment funding for the life of your shooting team, it is important to cap the withdrawal at 5%. It is our hope that teams will only remove interest from their Team Endowment Account, not principal. This should provide funding for the life of the team.
6. Are the grant funds restricted in any way? Yes. Grant funds may NOT be used to purchase firearms.
7. Where are the grant funds directed? Grant funds are directed to the Applicant Organization/Organization Entity/W9 Name listed on the grant application. We highly recommend teams choose to have their grant funds directly deposited into the appropriately designated account tied to the Applicant Organization.
8. How long does it take the funds to reach my team? Grant applications are reviewed by the MidwayUSA Foundation Board of Directors around August and January of each year. Teams requesting to have the funds direct deposited, which is highly recommended, will receive their funds almost immediately after the corresponding board meetings. Paper checks will be processed and mailed to teams soon after those meetings. Teams applying in June can plan to receive their funds in August and those applying in December can expect to receive funds in February.